Which Joplin Intersections Are the Most Deadly?
There are certain roadways and intersections that appear to be more prone to collisions than others. One might wonder whether the road design, heavy traffic congestion, or something else is to blame.
If you live in or are planning to travel through Joplin, MO, you may be concerned about the safety of the roads on which you will be driving. Maybe you wish to know which of the Joplin intersections have the most car accidents. This information can help you either avoid driving through those areas or at least be more cautious when doing so.
According to the KSNF News, the most dangerous intersections for car wrecks are the following:
E 7th / US-66 & South Rangeline / US-66 / BUS 44
E 32nd / FF Hwy & South Rangeline / BUS 44
Main Street & 7th / US-66
Most accidents occur during the busy hours of 8 AM, 7 AM, and 9 AM.
What Is the Deadliest Intersection in Missouri?
According to a 2014 article in Time Magazine, the St Louis intersection of North Grand Boulevard and Montgomery Street is the deadliest intersection in the country. This is based on the number of serious injuries and fatalities reported there.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Getting into a car accident is a traumatic and shocking experience. A car accident can leave you disoriented and unsure of what to do. This simple checklist can help you respond faster when it counts.
- Check yourself and your passengers for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 and try not to move them while you wait for the paramedics.
- Call 911, get out of the intersection, and wait for help if possible. Turn on your hazard lights and turn off your engine. Use road flares to warn other drivers.
- Exchange information with the other drivers. Document their name and contact information, insurance company and policy number, driver’s license and license plate number, and the type of vehicle.
- Document the accident, including the name and badge number of all police officers. Request a copy of the accident report. If there were witnesses, get their contact information, too.
- Notify your insurance company and begin the claims process.
After an accident, you will likely be shaken up. Do not forget, however, that in these cases, time is of the essence, so speak with a reputable lawyer immediately. A skilled lawyer can assist you in your quest for financial compensation beyond what the insurance company offers.
How Can a Joplin Attorney Help?
The attorneys at Buchanan Williams & O’Brien represent those who were injured or lost a loved one in a car crash. Their legal team offers aggressive but sympathetic legal counsel for individuals and families who were victims of someone else’s carelessness.
Joplin car accidents are scary. During the aftermath, you may feel pressured to settle for compensation less than you deserve. Having the right legal counsel can help you protect your rights and resume your life. Contact Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien to book your free consultation.
In the case of a Joplin car accident, Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien may be able to assist you with legal advice and advocacy. Our attorneys represent those who have been injured or lost a loved one. Call for a free consultation today.