St Louis Car Accident Specialists
As your St Louis car accident attorney, the attorneys at Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien have the experience you need to get the results you want.
Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien have been a trusted law firm serving Missourians for over 40 years.
- Committed to always treating clients with courtesy & respect
- Benefit from the unrivaled experience of our statewide team of lawyers
- Trust the proven success we’ve delivered to clients for decades
How an Auto Accident Attorney St Louis Can Help
Although no laws or regulations require that you retain the services of a Missouri car accident attorney, having a trusted St. Louis lawyer on your side has substantial advantages. An auto accident attorney can secure your legal rights and make sure that you can pursue a legal claim for a monetary settlement.
Benefits of Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyers in St Louis
While you might try to assemble your claim and send it to the at-fault motorist’s insurance company, you will have a tough time getting paid. The insurance company and their attorneys do not have your health and well-being in mind. Minimizing their liability is their top priority. When car accident victims attempt to work directly with the at-fault motorist’s insurer, they typically try to either reject the claim or offer a small settlement that does not cover all of the costs for recovery. If you consent to a minimal settlement, they will ask you to sign away any future legal rights to seek a settlement, leaving you high and dry with a mountain of expenses that have not been covered. Your attorney will handle the insurer in your place to guarantee that you are legally protected.
Our skilled car accident lawyers can:
- Examine the accident and determine all possibly accountable parties
- Discover all the insurance policies available for compensation
- Pursue complete settlement for your physical and financial recovery
When you hire a car accident lawyer in St. Louis MO, you’ll be working with an expert with the negotiation skills needed to get results. You have enough on your plate after a motor vehicle accident – let our law firm manage the overwhelming amount of paperwork and legal procedures that need to take place throughout this time.
Confused about car accidents in St Louis? We are here to answer your questions.
What to Do Before Contacting a Car Accident Attorney St Louis
In the immediate aftermath of an auto collision, the concern of “what do I do?” will most likely be managed for you. When the police are contacted, they will respond to the scene, take notes, submit a report, and ask questions. In a lot of cases, an ambulance might even show up on the scene and transfer you to a medical facility, especially if you have serious car accident injuries.
From there, however, the actions you take are vital in ensuring that you obtain the complete compensation you deserve. Here’s what we recommend doing soon after a motor vehicle accident:
- Collect evidence at the scene of the accident. The more evidence you collect, and the faster that you do, the more likely it is that you will have a strong case. If you are able, get witnesses’ info, take pictures of the scene and damages, and take notes about what happened while the memory is still fresh.
- Seek treatment. The signs of an injury may not present themselves early on, so even if you do not believe that you need to visit the hospital, you should still visit a doctor for an examination. If you do not have a record of your injuries and medical treatment, obtaining compensation for medical bills might be a lot more difficult.
- Contact a lawyer. Calling a personal injury lawyer as quickly as possible after your accident for a free consultation is always a good idea.
You may be tempted to contact the insurance company following an automobile accident, but it is best to talk to an attorney prior to speaking with an insurance provider and to let your lawyer manage all interactions. If you need to speak to an insurance company, nevertheless, keep your discussion simple and factual. Usually, you should only report the following:
- You were involved in a car accident
- There was property damage from the accident
- You sustained injuries in the accident
- You exchanged insurance details with the other driver or drivers
- You contacted the police
- You filed a police report
When you explain your injuries, do not hypothesize about their nature and seriousness. Rather, stick with standard, fact-based declarations such as “I injured my back” and allow your physician and your medical records to fill in the information. Do not allow the insurance adjuster to bully or pressure you into making extra declarations.
Above all, never assume fault. It may seem respectful to apologize to the other parties after a wreck, but assuming fault might mean losing the settlement that you require and are worthy of after an auto accident.
Best Accident Lawyer St Louis
At Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien, we understand that the whirlwind of pain and stress that occurs after a car accident can make it tough to consider legal matters. We are here to take the responsibilities of a car accident claim off of your shoulders. We will manage the process from start to end, and you can rest assured that we will secure the best possible outcome for your case.
Our car accident lawyers know how to handle insurance companies. Each of our attorneys has a strong background in personal injury representation and will stand with you throughout your journey to justice to ensure that your rights are secured each step of the way. Our law firm has handled every kind of car accident claim, and we understand the techniques utilized by insurance companies to unjustly limit the compensation you are entitled to by law.
Contact a St Louis Auto Accident Lawyer
Schedule a free consultation with Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien today to talk with us about our knowledge and experience handling car accident cases like yours. Missouri has complex and rigorous standards when it comes to handling these cases, and a knowledgeable car accident lawyer is a must when it’s time to protect your rights and obtain the justice you are worthy of.