We are personal injury experts who have achieved results for our clients in Joplin for over 40 years.
Helping Victims of On-the-Job Injuries
On-the-job injuries can be the beginning of a trying time in your life. In addition to dealing with the physical and emotional pain of an injury, you have to deal with the workers’ compensation system.
Workers’ compensation is supposed to be a streamlined system that quickly gets you medical treatment, lost wages reimbursement, and payment for your permanent injuries. That is often not the case. Workers’ compensation insurance companies have a financial incentive to delay, deny, and discourage. That is what they do.
Top Reasons People Hire a Workers’ Comp Attorney
Injured workers often face some of the following problems:
- Extensive medical bills due to a workplace injury
- Issues with your workers’ compensation claim process
- Not being fairly compensated
- Lost income
- Delays in settling a claim
Here’s how our St. Louis workers’ compensation attorneys can help!
- If you have been injured on the job, facing extensive medical bills can be frightening. We can help you reimburse your medical expenses and treatment of your injuries.
- It’s not uncommon for a workers’ compensation claim to be denied or ignored. However, you can fight back with our help. Injured workers can request mediation, a hardship hearing, or an appeal and possibly a hearing in court in front of an administrative law judge.
- If the amount that has been offered to you by the insurance company or the insurance company’s lawyer, our St. Louis workers’ compensation attorneys can negotiate a different amount. Everyone has the right to obtain full and fair compensation, and we are here to help you achieve that.
- Those who have suffered a workplace injury and can’t return to work until they recover are probably worried about how they will pay their bills. But, if you have missed time from work, but no one is paying for your lost time benefits, you should definitely reach out to our law firm.
- If it has been more than a year since the accident, and your claim is still not settled, don’t waste any more of your time. There are time limits on how long someone can wait to file a claim, and in Missouri, workers’ compensation claims usually have to be filed within two years from the date of injury.
If your employer has told you that an accident you’ve experienced is not covered under workers’ compensation law or refuses to report your injury to the Division of Workers’ Compensation or an insurance company, speak to an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Saint Louis, MO, workers’ compensation attorneys at Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien, P.C. will give their best to ensure you get the proper medical care and maximum compensation possible, including timely benefit payments.