We are personal injury experts who have achieved results for our clients in Joplin for over 40 years.
The money you might get for a spinal cord injury can vary due to how the injury happened, how bad it is, and how much it affects your life. Your spinal cord injury lawsuit payment can help with the problems the injury causes.
Here are some common types of compensation that may be pursued in spinal cord injury cases:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation covers the costs of medical treatment, including surgeries, hospital stays, and medication. It also covers ongoing medical care required for the injury.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Spinal cord injuries often require intensive rehabilitation. Compensation can include rehabilitation programs, physical therapy, and occupational therapy.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: An injury could prevent the victim from working temporarily or permanently. Compensation can account for lost wages and future earning potential in those cases.
- Compensation for Pain and Suffering: This payment recognizes how life becomes more challenging after a spinal cord injury. It’s meant to give financial help to the person who got hurt and to help them with their well-being.
- Loss of Close Relationships: Sometimes, the person loses their partner because of the injury. It’s meant to help with the sadness and changes in their life.
- Changing Your Home: Spinal cord injuries often mean changing your home to make it work with your new body limits. Compensation can help pay for things like ramps, making doors wider, bathrooms that are easy to use, and other changes.
- Getting Around: If you have a spinal cord injury, you might need adaptive technology and assistive devices like wheelchairs or braces. Compensation can help with the costs of getting around.
- Paying for Help: This compensates you if you need someone to take care of you fulltime. It can help pay for the people who help you, like hiring caregivers or teaching family members how to care for you.
- Paying for Legal Expenses: The victim may be awarded legal expenses. In that case, the person may be required to pay the costs of lawyers, going to court, and other expenses from dealing with the law.
Remember, the amount of money you might get as payment can be different based on where you are and your situation. However, handling all the legal things related to spinal cord injuries can be challenging. The complex legal process requires understanding medical terms and talking to insurance companies.
Personal injury attorneys can assist victims and their families while determining how much they should seek compensation. Lawyers who know about spinal cord injuries are equipped to make a strong case.