We are workers compensation experts who have achieved results for our clients in St. Louis for over 40 years.
Here are some tips to prevent and manage RSIs at work:
- Take frequent breaks to stretch and move around. Stretching can help reduce muscle strain and arthritis in the joints.
- Ensure workstations are ergonomically designed and adjusted to the worker’s body. Adjust the height of your chair, keyboard, and monitor.
- Maintain good posture while sitting and standing. Good posture can help reduce the strain on your muscles and joints.
- Strengthen the muscles in your hands, arms, and shoulders with exercises or physical therapy.
- Use proper techniques when performing repetitive tasks. Proper technique can help reduce muscle strains and joint damage.
- Use assistive devices, such as ergonomic keyboards or mice, to help reduce strain on your hands and wrists.
- If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, speak up to your supervisor or HR department. They can change your workstation or work tasks to help reduce your risk of developing an RSI.