St Louis Personal injury Specialists
Personal injury attorneys at Buchanan Williams & O’Brien-Saint Louis can help you seek compensation for your rollover accident. Contact us today.
Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien have been a trusted law firm serving Missourians for over 40 years.
- Committed to always treating clients with courtesy & respect
- Benefit from the unrivaled experience of our statewide team of lawyers
- Trust the proven success we’ve delivered to clients for decades
Understanding Rollover Accidents
A rollover accident occurs when a vehicle loses control and tips over, either sideways or forward, continuing to roll before coming to a stop. This introduction will delve into the causes, results, and steps to take if you are involved in such an accident.
Common Causes of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can occur because of a variety of reasons. At least 78 percent of truck rollover accidents result from drivers’ mistakes. This is per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) estimates. Other common rollover crush incidents may include the following:
- Turning too soon
- Going over a barrier or curb
- Reckless driving
- Fatigued driving
- Side-impact collision
- Driving when impaired by drink or drugs
- Inattention or distracted driving
- Overloaded goods or improperly laden vehicles
- Driving at a high speed
- Hazardous driving conditions
Possible Results or Repercussions of Rollover Accidents
Rollover accidents can have severe and often catastrophic consequences. This can affect both the occupants of the vehicle involved as well as other road users. Rollover accidents may result in the following:
- Severe injuries like traumatic brain injuries, fractures, and spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage and neck injuries
- Rollover fatalities
- Ejection from the vehicle
- Roof crushing injuries
- Secondary collision with other objects, vehicles, or pedestrians
- Psychological harm, like anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Financial costs like medical bills, vehicle repairs, or rehabilitation expenses
- Legal consequences like personal injury lawsuits
- Impact on families such as emotional distress, financial burden, or caregiving responsibilities
Laws and Regulations Related to Rollover Accidents in Saint Louis
Rollover accidents in Saint Louis are primarily governed by the following:
- Missouri state laws and regulations
- Local ordinances
Here are some critical aspects of the laws and regulations:
Missouri Traffic Laws:
Saint Louis is subject to Missouri’s traffic regulations about rollover incidents. This includes the following traffic laws:
- Speed limits, which are set on various types of roads to avoid life-threatening injuries
- Seat belt laws, which require passenger cars occupants to wear seat belts
- Drunk driving laws, where the state enforces strict penalties for drunk driving
- Distracted driving laws prevent drivers from texting while driving
Passenger Vehicles Inspection and Maintenance:
Vehicles in Missouri are to be adequately maintained. They also ought to be adequately examined to ensure they are safe to operate.
Product Liability Laws:
Missouri’s product liability laws allow individuals to seek compensation. One can seek compensation from the manufacturers or distributors of faulty vehicles. This may happen in cases where vehicle defects exacerbate rollover accidents.
Confused about Personal injury in St Louis? We are here to answer your questions.
How an Attorney Can Help When Rollovers Occur
here is no way to undo the harm, suffering, and losses from a car rollover accident with money. But fair compensation can help you pay for the necessary medical treatments. It can also assist you as you start rebuilding your life and give you peace of mind knowing you have been compensated.
Working with a skilled automobile rollover accident attorney can ensure you focus on recovery. The attorney’s focus will be to push for your just compensation.
To get these results, accident attorneys, or specifically lawyers for truck drivers, can:
- Go over the specifics of your automobile rollover accident with you. They will evaluate whether you have a solid legal argument and decide what action to take.
- Give you the legal assistance you require during this trying time. They will also address your queries and worries about the case and assist you in understanding the legal procedure.
- Gather evidence and investigate what happened, who was at fault, and the extent of your damages.
- Seek the help of professionals, such as accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and financial professionals, to support your legal case.
- Demand a reasonable settlement offer.
- Take your case to court if the liable party won’t give you the compensation you deserve.
Contact Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien in Saint Louis Today
If you or a loved one were hurt in a rollover accident brought on by another driver’s error, you can face many challenges. You are likely to suffer hefty medical expenses and lost wages. You need an advocate to assist you in obtaining the compensation due to you. Contact the skilled personal injury lawyers at Buchanan, Williams & O’Brien in Saint Louis today. We are ready to handle your case.